Widower demands FSARS officers’ arrest for wife’s death


The question on the lips of the people is: ‘Who were the Federal Special Anti-robbery Squad (FSARS) operatives that raided some parts of Ilupeju, Lagos, on January 24?

A widower, Mr Musendiku Adeyanju whose wife Asiata slumped to death after learning of her son Muiz’s arrest by the operatives, is asking the police to fish them out.

The operatives said to be from Ipakodo Division in Ikorodu arrested Muiz while he was trying to put on the generator in front of their 9, Ajenifuja Street, Ilupeju, Lagos home.



 Adeyanju over the weekend said that the  FSARS’ “illegal raid” had brought permanent trauma to his family, wondering why the police were silent over the incident.

His last child,16-month-old Amirat, whimpered endlessly, ostensibly feeling the absence of her mother.
“She has been crying since the day she stopped seeing her mother,” the distraught Adeyanju said as he carried and patted the baby on the back.

Adeyanju, a businessman, said his wife’s death had left a void in his family, saying the incident had forced shared responsibilities on his shoulder.

He said: “Look at our children; they are too young to be exposed to this permanent trauma caused by the police. These children were close to their mother than they are close to me. They are already feeling the absence of their mother.

“I didn’t say the policemen directly killed my wife, but their illegal raid in our area was responsible for the death of my wife. It is the responsibility of the police leadership to fish out these bad officers and punish them. The punishment would deter other crooked officers in the police.”

Muiz said he was yet to  overcome the trauma of his mother’s death, noting that her absence would make life difficult for him and his siblings. He said the FSARS officers’ action had shattered his late mother’s plans for them.

He said: “Our mother was very close to us. Immediately I finished from secondary school last year, my mom personally took me to a computer training centre to learn graphic design. When I got my O’Level results, she enrolled me into a coaching class for the next Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). She wanted me to study accounting. Her plan was to get me admitted into the university this year. All these have been shattered. Though my dad had always provided everything we needed, it was easy when my mom was there.”

Some residents are also urging the police to fish out the officers. They said the same  officers  had raided the area for two weeks.

Contacted yesterday, police spokesman Chike Oti, a Superintendent (SP), promised to get back to this reporter. He did not before press time.


The Nation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th Birthday to Timi Odukoya; Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Son

IS NORA ARNEZEDER A LESBIAN? CAUGHT ON CAMERA KISSING A GIRL

People contact me everyday asking to join Nigeria Police – Hundeyin