You Don't Have To Be A Politician Before Giving Back to The Society - Bimbo Daramola

The day our so called Nigerian politicians decides to start taking initiatives like this and embark on projects that affects the lives of the poor, dejected and aged in the society without expecting anything in return nor not when they need votes from the masses.

Here is a story of a man that has been selfless, a renowned philanthropist an enigma of a great charisma. Congress man Bimbo Daramola. He is the pioneer, initiator of the first youth discount card in Nigeria called (Naija Green Card) a discount card that gives millions of students and youths in Nigeria to get goods and services from over millions of service providers, goods and services with reasonable price.





Below is a phone call that transpired between one of the benefactor of the modern hospital he built in Ekiti state and handed over to the Ekiti state university teaching hospital.

Congressman Bimbo Daramola got a late night call from one of the staff at the JTD hospital, and it went thus:

#Caller from JTD Memorial hospital: Hello: Hello sir.

#Congressman: Hello in a tired, very tired voice, this was 12.30am for Christ sake.

#Caller: Is that Honourable?


#Congressman: of course, yes I am the one (ostensibly not sure he could pick or pick at that time)

#Caller:  I just want to greet you Sir.

#Congressman: just to greet me? At this time? Ok! E se oo

#Caller :  Sir, I have been at this hospital since it was opened; before then i was looking for CHEW placement in any hospital but when your hospital was opened i was recruited and posted to Ire.

#Congressman: oh we thank God.

#Caller: i also want to thank you for the hospital because  today a woman  who most likely would have lost the baby and her life if she had to travel from ire ekiti  at such hour to ikole or ido or oye as was the case before "your" hospital was founded

#Congressman: well all thanks goes to God my sister.




#Caller: Sir God will bless you for this hospital; imagine the over 100 kids who have been delivered and mother and baby in good health situation thereafter.  Sincerely a lot of those babies and mothers would have not made it . This is not to talk of other ailments and surgeries done in that hospital all in a little less than 2years. Sir Okada riders get treated. People come from Ado Ekiti because of the equipment in there.

#Congressman: Thank you so much my sis. All glory goes to God.

#Caller: I am not from your village or the north but on the basis of the impact of this hospital I cannot be bothered I will tell anybody that I know to vote for you sir. I am from Ekiti south and we don't have this.

#Congressman: My sister, thank you. I am just being myself and following Gods leading. To me politics is a tool or vehicle via which life can be more meaningful import. This is what defines my politics my sister. Politics without sacrifice is self centered politics.  My sister building JTD Memorial hospital was a sacrifice,  i could have used the money for other self-serving purpose but I couldn’t bear it. I didn’t even have any political reason to do so.

#Caller: Weldone Sir. By the grace of God your good works will work for you. I will do my little role to support you sir even among my people from the south. Politics should be able to make life better for us the less privileged.  Because of the hospital and equipment’s there anybody from anywhere can come for treatment. 

#Congressman: well I will not shift my focus on what people say that I don't even have a house there, my sister if I had built that house patients cannot be treated in my house! As you said I never could have been able to stay comfortable watching simple illnesses kill our people and  the figures of infant and maternal mortality on the rise. A personal building wont do that. I never could have been able to say i will be seeking to become governor and so get motivated because of that. No!

#Caller: Sir, I want to appreciate and thank you Sir. Please whatever ther say behind you will not hold water because God said if you do good to  one of my people you have done it for me.

May God continue to bless you sir. We are behind you; even though I am not a politician.  Please come and visit us at the hospital when next you are in Ire. Esee sir. Oriomode ati awon omo ti won bi ni hospital yin. Adura awon to robi layo ta gbohun iya ta gbohun  omo ma wa pelu  yin.

#Congressman: Ese gaani my sister. Modupe gaanii. I will come there soon. E bami ki awon other staff.

Odaaroo Ma. God bless you

End of call...
_______________________________________

#BimboEkiti
#NitoriOjoOlaWa
#BimboLovesEkiti

#AGreaterEkitiIsPossible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th Birthday to Timi Odukoya; Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Son

IS NORA ARNEZEDER A LESBIAN? CAUGHT ON CAMERA KISSING A GIRL

People contact me everyday asking to join Nigeria Police – Hundeyin