Devil made me rape my pregnant wife’s sister—Trader

A 33-year old trader, who was accused of raping his wife’s sister, has attributed his action to the devil.
Adeniyi Ajofoyinbo told an Igando Customary Court that he did not know what pushed him to where his sister-in- law was sleeping before raping her.

“I didn’t have the intention to rape her, the devil pushed me, I am sorry. I know I have made a mistake,” Ajofoyinbo said, while responding to a divorce suit filed by his wife, Elizabeth, accusing him of infidelity.





The husband in turn accused his wife of infidelity, claiming that she is currently pregnant for her lover.
“My wife, who is accusing me of infidelity, is currently pregnant for her man-friend and she has packed out of our matrimonial home with our children,” he said, adding that his wife used to disturb him with her constant night prayers.

The petitioner, Elizabeth, 33, a food vendor, had sought the dissolution of her seven-year-old marriage because her husband raped her sister in their matrimonial home.
“My husband raped my sister when I went for a night vigil. When I returned, my sister told me that my husband, who had been making advances toward her succeeded in raping her. When I confronted my husband, he admitted raping my sister, but attributed his action to the devil’s handiwork,” she told the court.

The mother of two said her husband was always threatening to kill her and that he always beat her with dangerous weapons. “My husband is in the habit of beating me at the slightest provocation. He had stabbed me with bottles and knives on severally occasions. He started beating and stabbing me from the first day of our living together and I am afraid he may stab me to death one day,” she cried out.
The pregnant petitioner begged the court to end the marriage.

After listening to the estranged couple, the court’s president, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, adjourned the case to June 2 for judgment.


Tribune 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th Birthday to Timi Odukoya; Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Son

IS NORA ARNEZEDER A LESBIAN? CAUGHT ON CAMERA KISSING A GIRL

People contact me everyday asking to join Nigeria Police – Hundeyin