'I murdered my best friend - then went to her funeral so police wouldn't suspect me'

A woman who served 21 years in prison after murdering her best friend has revealed how she went to her funeral so she would not be suspected.


Karen Severson murdered her childhood best friend Michelle 'Missy' Avila with accomplice Laura Doyle, slashed her hair off and hid her body in a forest river.





Now 47 the killer, who was 22 at the time, has spoken frankly about the savage attack and revealed how she turned from, protector to persecutor.
She said she did not intend to kill Missy, who she had known since she was seven, and used to stick up for her until they drifted apart.

She said she was only planning to bully her when things got out of hand.
She said: "I only meant to torment Missy.
"Looking back, I was jealous of Missy."
The victim's body was found in Angeles National Park in California, USA, by hikers in October 1985, three days after she was reported missing.
Her hair had been slashed off. She was facedown in a stream and a 100lb log prevented her from moving.

After Missy's body was found the pair consoled her family, even attending her funeral. But a tip off from a friend they had confided in saw them being jailed.
"I felt like I had an obligation to Missy's family after what I did.
"As Missy's mother grieved, I consoled her. I felt like I had an obligation to Missy's family after what I did.


mirror.co.uk 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th Birthday to Timi Odukoya; Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Son

IS NORA ARNEZEDER A LESBIAN? CAUGHT ON CAMERA KISSING A GIRL

People contact me everyday asking to join Nigeria Police – Hundeyin